- Bobby Allen wins the Knoxville
Nationals in an Upset! Wolfgang 5th After Alphabet Charge From the D.
- Bill Vuckovich III is killed
at Mesa Marin Raceway in Bakersfield, CA.
- ASCOT Park, in Gardena, CA.
closes. Last Race in November.
- Jeff Gordon is crowned USAC
National Midget driving champion. He also set a one-lap track record at
Indianapolis Raceway Park in a sprint car. 121.847 mph.
Jeff Gordon won the Belleville Midget Nationals driving for Rollie Helmling.
- Stan Fox won both Turkey
Night (the final ASCOT race) & the midget portion of the Copper World
- Doug Wolfgang Wins his 2nd
Kings Royal $50,000
Kent Snares his 4th Kings Speedway Title.
Smith is the World of Outlaws Rookie of the Year.
- Jimmy Sills is the USAC Silver
Crown Champion, winning at Cal-Expo's Golden State 100.
- Chuck Gurney wins his 4th
Springfield USAC Silver Crown race.
- Tim Green wins his first
drove the Karl Kinser #11 to 27 World of Outlaws A-Main wins and another WoO
Championship in 1990 after experimenting with the USA in 1989.
- Sleepy Tripp is USAC Westen
States midget champ for 5th time.
Kaeding wins his 3rd consecutive Golden State Challenge title.
- Steve Butler is USAC Sprint
Car Champion for the 4th time. He is also Silver Crown, 4-Crown winner.
- Sammy Swindell wins Ohio
All-Star Speedweek title.
- Rod Spencer wins his 2nd
consecutive San Jose Speedway title.
- Jack Hewitt wins his 2nd
- Ken Schrader repeats at Copper
World Classic Silver Crown winner.
- Jeff Swindell is DuQuoin
- Greg DeCaires is the Chico,
CA. track champion.
- Gary Hieber is upset winner
of the Hoosier Hundred.
- Duane Scott is NARC Rookie
of the Year.
- Rick Martin wins the Beard
Classic for the 2nd year in a row.