- Bubby Jones wins the Western World Sprint
Car Championship at Manzanita Speedway in Phoenix, AZ., Turkey Night at
ASCOT, as well as the DuQuion, IL. USAC Champ Dirt Car event.
Eddie Leavitt repeats as Knoxville Nationals
- East Bay Raceway opens in Gibsonton, FL.
In 1976 one of the fastest sprinters
on the West Coast was the Carville & Alves #45. In this shot, Johnny
Anderson is on the hammer at the now defunct Clovis Speedway. (Photo
courtesy of Anderson Family collection)
- Johnny Anderson
is the NARC driving champion.
#15, races under Gary Patterson #56, and
Rick Horton #2h at Calistoga Speedway in 1976. (Fron the Holtsman Family
- Pancho Carter wins his 2nd USAC sprint car
- Ron Shuman wins the Pacific Coast Sprint
Championship race at ASCOT.
- Joe Saldana wins the Hoosier 100.
- USAC Dirt Champ to Tom Bigelow at Springfield
- Ron "Sleepy" Tripp is USAC Midget
- Kenny Woodruff wins a car-owner championship
- Billy Cassella is USAC Silver Crown Champ.
is in the McAfee #82, with LeRoy VanConett
in the Bailey Bros. #01. This shot is from NARC action at West Capital
Raceway in West Sacramento, CA. (From the Harold and Pat Holtsman collection.)
- Doug Wolfgang wins his first Knoxville feature,
May 1st., goes on to win seven main events, and the track title.
- Jerry Belville in the Brandy & Glaspy
#44 is West Capital Track Champ.
- Roger Rager is USAC sprint car Rookie of
- Mike Andreetta wins the 50-lap Jimmy Gordon
- James McElrath is USAC Midget Rookie of the
- Jimmy Boyd sets
the West Capital Raceway, non-wing track record 13.239 in the Woodruff Bros.
- Boyd Takes Dirt Cup Points Title, with Wins
at Skagit, and Elma.
- Clovis Speedway, in Clovis, CA. runs it's
last race, a day-show won by Rick Ferkel.
- In November, Gary
Patterson traveled to ASCOT and won the A-main with many USAC national
Greatest Sprint Car Drivers of All-time
Most Exciting Drivers in NARC History
World - Bill Foland
Allen - NARC Photo Essay
- Bobby Gerould