Kinser set a National record for feature wins in 1987, winning 56 races!
The King dominated all aspects of winged sprint car racing, winning 47 WoO
A-main events on his way to another points title.
Bradway Jr. is killed at Skagit Speedway, June 21st.
- Ron Shuman wins his 6th Turkey
Kinser wins the World of Outlaws Championship, and his 6th Gold Cup.
Kinser won 24 of the last 26 WoO A-Mains.
Haudenschild wins the Kings Royal $50,000!
- Dave Blaney wins a Monte
Carlo after his Syracuse mile win.
Dave Blaney won at the
Syracuse Mile. (Scanned from Open Wheel, from Holtsman family collection.)
- The first Chili Bowl is held
- Rich Vogler wins.
Day suffers a broken neck.
Hewitt wins the USAC Silver Crown title for the 2nd year in a row -
winning at Duquoin, and Springfield.
Swindell sets a world speed record at Syracuse, averaging 140.9 MPH
on the mile.
Kent wins his 2nd straight Golden State Challenge "King of California",
and Kings Speedway titles, plus the championship at Baylands.
- Steve Butler wins his 2nd
straight USAC Sprint Car title.
- Keith Kauffman is Ohio All-Star
Sprint Speedweek champion.
- Larry Rice wins his 2nd 4
Crown Nationals at Eldora (Silver Crown)
- Kevin Olson wins his 2nd
USAC Midget driving title.
- Lee Brewer Jr. becomes the
youngest driver to win a World of Outlaws feature at age 18.
Jacobs wins Hoosier Hundred.
Kinser injured at Port Royal. He tears ligaments in his feet, and suffers
a bruised heart.
Swindell takes Hulman 100.
- Cris Eash is World of Outlaws
Rookie of the Year.
- Sleepy Tripp is USAC Westen
States midget champ for 3rd time.
- Jason McMillen wins the NARC
driving championship for Jack Gordon. (#1c)
- Ricky Haugh is Chico sprint
- Billy Boat is Arizona State
sprint car champ.
- Greg Brown is Oregon State
- Craig Keel sets Track Record
at Colorado National Speedway.
- Rick Ungar is USAC Sprint
Car Rookie of the Year.
- Jimmy Trulli is Placerville
Speedway Rookie of the Year.
- Kyle Schild is NARC Rookie
of the Year.
Mitch Sue at Baylands Raceway Park in