- Ron Shuman wins the Knoxville
Nationals for car-owner, Gary Stanton in #75. Shuman also wins his first
Turkey Night Grand Prix for midgets. In all, Shuman had more than 20 wins
in 12 states.
Kinser wins his 2nd straight World of Outlaws championship.
- CART is formed as car-owners
split from USAC.
- Tim Green won the Western
World Championship at Manzanita Speedway in Phoenix, AZ. in the Jensen Construction
- West Capital Raceway races
it's last full season. Nick Rescino is Champ.
- Dirt Cup is Wolfgang's for
the second year in a row. Prelims to Hewitt, Swindell.
- Nick Rescino drove a Super
Modified to victory at West Capital Rcaeway in World of Outlaws competition.
- Steve Kinser wins the first
Mini Gold Cup, June 10 at Chico.
Boyd chased points and earned his only NARC driving championship.
- Bobby Olivero is USAC Silver
Crown champion. He won both Springfield, IL. and the Hoosier Hundred.
- Dean Thompson wins the Pacific
Coast Championship race at ASCOT.
McSpadden breaks his collarbone at Eldora but races the A-main to the
- WoO Rookie of the Year is
- Greg Leffler is USAC Sprint
- Steve Lotshaw is USAC Midget
- Stan Fox won the Belleville
Midget Nationals & the Jimmy Caruthers Memorial at Manzy.
Wolfgang Takes $10,000 win at Champaign, IL.
- Brad Doty is the Lakeville
Speedway Sprint Car Champion after winning 13 of 16 features.
- Jerry Edson Claims Second
Straight Skagit Sprint Car Championship.
was crazy fast in 1979 in the Flammer #83.