- Kevin Gobrecht, at age 30, is killed on September
24 at I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, NE.
- Mark Kinser wins both the Knoxville Nationals,
and the World of Outlaws Championship is named Driver of the Year.
- Jason Leffler won a record $20,000 for his
midget win at the 16th Street Speedway's, "Summer Sizzle" in Indianapolis.
"Boston" Bob Blair at the 1999
Knoxville Nationals. (Photo by Kim)
Ryan Newman is the USAC Silver Crown Champ.
Kenny Jacobs is the All-Star Champion.
- Gary Wright is NCRA's Champ
- Dave Darland wins the Belleville Midget Nationals
& is USAC sprint car titlest.
- Richard Griffin snags the SCRA Championship
- Tim Kaeding wins his first Silver Dollar
Speedway Championship, and also wins Thursday's Gold Cup Prelim.
- Brent Kaeding wins the Dirt Cup.
Brent Kaeding rides the outside
in the M&M Racing #2, with Mark Monico in the #21
- Dan Boorse won the Chili Bowl for Midgets
in his own #88.
- Tim Shaffer is the World of Outlaws Rookie
of the Year
- Brian Tyler was the USAC Silver Bullet winner
at the Copper World
- Jeff Shepard wins the East Bay Nationals
($10,000) in the Stewart #4J
- Bud Kaeding wins the USAC Western States
sprint car title on the strength of five wins at new Irwindale Speedway.
- Jimmy Sills wins Again at Cal-Expo Silver
- P.J. Chesson is National Sprint Car Poll
Rookie of the Year, and Knoxville Nationals Rookie of the Year.
- Dennis Moore Jr. wins the Knoxville 360 Nationals
- David Robinson Jr. is the California Civil
War 360 Champion.
- Matt Streeter is the BCRA midget champion.
- Tommy Tarlton wins his first NARC sprint
car feature at Tulare's Thunderbowl.