World of Outlaws 25th Anniversary
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
TONIGHT! Thursday, February 28, 2002. Race #3.
We are receiving live reports via cell phone from our main man, Steve Gomez. We will post news and results as soon as we get the call.
Steve reports at 10:13 PM
- Johnny Herrera wins. First race out for the new Maxim shod, Wilburn team.
- The finish. 1. Herrera, 2. Swindell, 3. Pittman, 4. S. Kinser, 5. Haudenschild, 6. Saldana, 7. Brad Furr
- Randy Hannagan finished 9th
- Stevie Smith finished 10th.
- Jeff Hodgson hit tires and flipped.
Steve reports at 9:58 PM
- A-Main RUNNING - RED FLAG on lap 21. In heavy traffic, Dollansky got sideways, and collected second place running Lasoski, and 4th place Mark Kinser. Dollanksy flipped. All drivers okay.
- Running order with 4 laps to go: 1. Herrera, 2. Daryn Pittman, 3. Swindell, 4. Steve Kinser, 5. Jac Haudenschild, 6. Joey Saldana
- Donny Schatz flipped on opening lap of A-Main, junking a car after after hitting the unforgiving Vegas concrete.
Steve reports at 9:43 PM
- A-Main RUNNING
- Lap 14 - RED FLAG - Paulis was running 4th when he flipped.
- Craig Dollansky has led every lap so far. He was passed by Danny Lasoski as the red came out for Paulis. The prelim feature is scheduled for 25 laps.
- Running order at lap 14 RED - 1. Dollansky, 2. Lasoski, 3. Johnny Herrera (Wilburn #2w), 4. Mark Kinser, 5. Sammy Swindell.
- It took 6 laps to get to traffic.
Steve reports at 9:15 PM
- B-Main is over.
- Brian Paulis set quick time, Craig Dollansky was second quick, Mark Kinser 3rd quick.
- 39 cars in the pits for the 3 day show.
- Weather is getting chilly after a high of 77 degrees this afternoon in Vegas.
- 15 of the top 16 qualifiers made it through ther heat races
- First Dash was won by Paulis
- Mark Kinser was leading the second dash but broke something in his motor.
- The crowd is sparse.
- Jimmy Carter crashed into the wall after Jac Haudenschild made contact with him. Carter's car was destroyed but he pulled out a backup car.
- Randy Hannagan is racing with a heavy heart after his brother Jimmy died Tuesday due to illness.
- Roth Motorsports told Steve that Sammy Swindell will race the Mini Gold Cup at Chico next weekend.
Back to HammerDownUSA.com FRONT PAGE