Perris Auto Speedway
- MARCH 2, 2002
- 43 CARS
- FAST QUALIFER Cory Kruseman 16.840
- HEAT RACE WINNERS (with starting positions) Mike English (6th) Bud Kaeding (3rd) Verne Sweeney (2nd) Jeremy Sherman (3rd)
- PASSING MASTERS DASH Mke English (1st)
- C MAIN Lance Gremett (6th)
- B MAIN Cory Kruseman (1st)
- A MAIN 1. Mike Kirby (13th) 2. Cory Kruseman (9th) 3. Troy Rutherford (3rd) 4. Richard Griffin (2nd) 5. Jeremy Sherman (20th) 6. Rip Williams (5th) 7. Steve Ostling – was slated to start 14th but had to start at the back after his safety belts loosened and he had to go to the work area before the start). 8. Gary Howard (10th) 9. Rickie Gaunt (4th) 10. Tony Jones – was slated to start 12th, but had to go to the back for being late to the starting grid. 11. Levi Jones (7th) 12. Charles Davis Jr. – was slated to start 16th, but had to go to the back for being late to the starting grid. 13. Bobby Graham (6th) 14. Tony Elliott (17th) 15. John Scott (8th) 16. Mark Nation – was slated to start 11th, but had to go to the back for being late to the starting grid. 17. Steve Venard (15th) 18. Bud Kaeding (19th) 19. Verne Sweeney (21st) 20. Lance Gremett (22nd) 21. Michael Hinrichsen (18th) 22. Mike English (1st)
- English led much of the early going in a team car to Rip Williams before dropping out. The four cars that had to move to the back for the start comprised the two back rows.
- Kruseman upside down in first heat barely got the car fixed before the “B” main. Very entertaining main event.
- Next Saturday night, Vista Paint will present the Auto Trader Magazine/NAPA Auto Parts SCRA Sprint Cars at Perris Auto Speedway. The pit gate will open at 2:00 PM and spectator gates will open at 4:00. The first race will be at 6:30 PM.
Back to HammerDownUSA.com FRONT PAGE