The low down
repeats at Mid
By John Rittenoure
Thru the Plains Outlaw Sprint 30 lap X-1R A Main feature event on Wednesday
Just like the night before at Junction Motor Speedway, Johnson shot out
front early in the Cox Fabricating machine and went the distance to record
his second straight All Star and fourth NCRA series win of the season.
Johnson broke from a three car pack in turn two to lead the first lap over
Terry McCarl and Garry Lee Maier. Maier and Chad Kemenah battled for third
with Kemenah taking over on lap 10. Meanwhile McCarl was closing on Johnson
and pulled up on his rear bumper with five laps remaining. However Johnson
held his line to win over McCarl with All Star points leader Kemenah a close
third. Brooke Tatnell worked his way into fourth and Maier dropped to fifth.
Danny Smith, Paul May, Dean Jacobs, Jeremy Campbell and Travis Whitney
completed the top ten finishers.
Action was slowed several times, on lap seven for Greg Wilson and Aaron
Berryhill and again on lap 13 for a stalled Jon Agan, but Johnson was able
to motor away from the pack on each restart.
The Crown Battery heat fell to Greg Wilson, the B&B Products heat went to
Jeremy Campbell, the Engler Machine and Tool heat was won by Terry McCarl
and the TP Wings heat fell to Paul May. Brock Mayes won the University of
Northwestern Ohio B Main, Jeremy Campbell captured the Haulmark Dash and
Chad Kemenah was the Huggins Cams Fast Time qualifier with a new track
record of 14.810 seconds.
Huggins Cams Time Trials: 1.
14.924; 3. Terry McCarl, 14.950; 4. Brooke Tatnell, 14.963; 5. Jason
Johnson, 15.073; 6. Brock Mayes, 15.166; 7. Gary Lee Maier, 15.167; 8. Danny
Smith, 15.177; 9. Aaron Berryhill, 15.194; 10. Jeremy Campbell, 15.199; 11.
Travis Whitney, 15.213; 12. Mike Lutz, 15.252; 13. Jason Solwold, 15.269;
14. Kerry Madsen, 15.272; 15. Roger Crockett, 15.289; 16. Paul May, 15.294;
17. Greg Wilson, 15.314; 18. Tony Bruce Jr., 15.356; 19. Phil Gressman,
15.359; 20. Tim Hunter, 15.412; 21. Bill Rose, 15.427; 22. Jon Agan, 15.465;
23. Luke Cranston, 15.480; 24. Barry Ruble, 15.604; 25. Daron Clayton,
15.649; 26. Mike Woodruff, 15.706; 27. CJ Johnson, 15.729; 28. Jason Martin,
15.767; 29. Pat Bourke, 15.971; 30. Eddie Lynch, 16.046.
Jason Johnson, Bill Rose, Aaron Berryhill, Pat Bourke, Daron Clayton
B&B Products Heat (8 laps): 1. Kerry Madsen, Tony Bruce Jr., Jeremy
Campbell, Jon Agan, Dean Jacobs, Brock Mayes, Mike Woodruff, Eddie Lynch
Engler Machine & Tool Heat (8 laps): 1. Terry McCarl, Phil Gressman,
Roger Crockett, Travis Whitney, Gary Lee Maier, Luke Cranston, CJ Johnson
TP Wings Heat (8 laps): 1. Paul May, Danny Smith, Mike Lutz, Brooke
Tatnell, Barry Ruble, Jason Martin, Tim Hunter
Haulmark Dash (4 laps): 1.
Berryhill, Tim Hunter, Pat Bourke, CJ Johnson, Jason Martin, Daron Clayton,
Luke Cranston, Eddie Lynch, Mike Woodruff
X-1R A Main (30 laps): 1. Jason Johnson, Terry McCarl, Chad Kemenah,
Brooke Tatnell, Gary Lee Maier, Danny Smith, Paul May, Dean Jacobs, Jeremy
Campbell, Travis Whitney, Jason Solwold, Mike Lutz, Roger Crockett, Bill
Rose, Tony Bruce Jr., Kerry Madsen, Tim Hunter, Greg Wilson, Pat Bourke,
Brock Mayes, Phil Gressman, Jon Agan, Barry Ruble, Aaron Berryhill
Lap Leaders: Jason Johnson 1-30.
1. Levi Jones, 2B 17.090
2. Zach Chappell, 50Z 17.150
3. Alex Pruett, 56AZ 17.180
4. Tony Elliott, 11 17.280
5. Bud Kaeding, 45 17.280
6. Dave Darland, 56 17.340
7. Mike Spencer, 44 17.400
8. Sean McClelland, 1 17.500
9. Jimmy Crawford, 13 17.590
10. Matt Neely, 17N 17.600
11. Gary Wright, 9 17.700
12. Mike Martin, 57M 17.740
13. Charles Davis Jr., 8A 17.900
14. Cody Branchcomb, 94 17.980
15. Mel Murphy, 62 17.990
16. Seth Wilson, 17 18.030
17. Mark Nation, 3N 18.030
18. Ronnie Clark, 33 18.100
19. Rickie Gaunt, 2A 18.130
20. Alan Ballard, 97 18.250
22. Brian McClelland, 87 18.560
23. Nick Smith, 15S 18.570
24. Jake Martens, 48 18.830
25. Jerrod Wilson, 88J 19.310
26. Sean Walden, 14 19.930
27. Don Whitmore, 66 20.700
SHAVER ENGINES HEAT 1 (10 Laps)
1. Tony Elliott, 2. Charles Davis Jr., 3. Rickie Gaunt, 4. Matt Neely, 5.
Levi Jones, 6. Mike Spencer, 7.Brian McClelland, 8. Jerrod Wilson, 9. Seth
STINGER CHASSIS HEAT 2 (10 Laps)
1. Gary Wright, 2. Zach Chappell, 3. Cody Branchcomb, 4. Nick Smith, 5. Bud
Kaeding, 6. Sean Walden, 7. Alan Ballard 8. Sean McClelland, 9. Mark Nation
SPIN TECH MUFFLERS HEAT 3 (10 Laps)
1. Dave Darland, 2. Jimmy Crawford, 3. Alex Pruett, 4. Mike Martin, 5. Don
JE PISTONS DASH (6 Laps)
1. Tony Elliott, 2. Dave Darland, 3. Bud Kaeding, 4. Levi Jones, 5. Alex
Pruett, 6. Zach Chappell, 7. Matt Neely, 8. Jimmy Crawford.
B-MAIN EVENT (12 Laps)
Spencer, 2. Ronnie Clark, 3. Seth Wilson, 4.
McClelland, 6. Alan Ballard, 7. Sean Walden, 8. Jerrod Wilson, 9. Jake Martens.
A -MAIN EVENT (30 Laps)
1. Dave Darland, 2. Tony Elliott, 3. Levi Jones, 4. Bud Kaeding, 5. Nick
Smith, 6. Matt Neely, 7. Rickie Gaunt, 8. Mike Spencer, 9. Ronnie Clark, 10.
Charles Davis Jr., 11. Alex Pruett, 12. Sean Walden, 13. Cody Branchcomb, 14. Jimmy
Crawford, 15. Mike Martin, 16. Alan Ballard, 17. Zach Chappell, 18. Seth
Led: Tony Elliott (Lap 1-22), Dave Darland (Lap 23-30), No Time.
KRUSEMAN ENTERS SATURDAY’S
VALVOLINE USAC/CRA SPRINT CAR RACE AT PERRIS AUTO
Kruseman, who turns 34 in September, will be driving
the silver #4 owned by Mark Alexander of
Two of his wins have come on Manzanita Speedway’s
big half-mile in
Known by his fans as “The Kruser,” the affable racer
normally drives for NASCAR Nextel Cup Superstar Tony Stewart on the USAC
National Sprint Car Series in the
When not racing, Kruseman makes his living driving
racecars!!! He owns and operates the
Spectator gates will open at on Saturday and racing will begin at .
Perris Auto Speedway is conveniently located on the Lake Perris
Fairgrounds, home of the Southern California Fair, approximately one hour east
For more information on this or any other event at Perris Auto Speedway events, please call (909) 940-0134.
VALVOLINE USAC/CRA SPRINT CAR POINT STANDINGS
10. Cory Kruseman –
Rain Shower Forces “Pepsi Hot August Night” at SSP to Sunday Night
NEWBERRYTOWN, PA (August 19, 2004) – Late day rain showers has forced SSP officials to postpone the Pepsi Hot August Night scheduled for Thursday, August 19 to Sunday night August 22. The night will feature an autograph session for fans to meet their favorite drivers along with their cars just before the feature events. Along with the 410 Sprint Cars, the Xtreme Enduro Stock Cars and the Legends Cars will be in action.
open in the pit area at
with the grandstand gates opening at
Warmups begin at with
racing beginning promptly at
Grandstand ticket prices are Adults (18 & older) $12.00; Teens (13-17)
$8.00; Children (6-12) $4.00; and Children (5 & under) are free. SSP will continue its Repeat Fan Discount in which
there will be a $2.00 discount for each person with a ticket stub from the
August 15 event only. For example, $2.00
off an Adult ticket for August 22 with and Adult ticket stub from the August 15
event. Returning fans are
encouraged to write their name, address and phone number on the back of the
stub to be entered into a special drawing to be held at the end of the
season. Prizes will be announced
soon. Pit pass prices are $20.00 with a
reduced price of $18.00 for all track license holders. A track license is
$25.00 for the year. The raindate for
this event will be announced if needed. The
SSP News and Notes:
- The 4th Annual York County Nationals will be 32 laps and pay $3,200 to the winner of the 410 Sprint Car event. The top six drivers in points will be automatically qualified for the feature event and will compete in a $300-to-win “winner take all 5 lap dash.” Six other drivers will qualify through the heats to draw for starting position in the feature along with the top six in points. The Xtreme Enduro Stock Cars feature event will be 25 laps paying $300 to win. The Classic Cars will also be on the schedule.
- A new race date has been added to the 2004 SSP race schedule on Sunday night, September 5 with the Credit Connection / Trail Motors Night at the Races featuring the Super Sportsman Tour, the Silver Springs Street Stocks paying $500-to-win and double features for the PA Four Cylinders.
- An aggressive 2005 racing schedule is in the planning stages with a wide variety of divisions and great racing action. Weekly Thursday night racing will continue in 2005 with the 410 Sprint Cars, Xtreme Enduro Stock Cars and one other class or novelty act per night. The 358/360 Sprint Car Open Challenge events will continue on nights when the 410 Sprint Cars are scheduled off. There will also be eight Sportsman Tour Races scheduled for every other Sunday beginning on June 5 and ending on September 4. Other notable dates include four Great American School Bus Races to be announced and PA Speedweeks on Thursday, June 30. A mid-summer break from racing action is also tentatively planned from July 4 through July 16. More exciting and prestigious events will be announced in the near future.
- The new spectator pit viewing area behind the turn one grandstand has been completed and will be open.
- The post season awards for the 2004 SSP 410 Sprint Car Points Championship will be three (3) 2005 Season Pit Passes for the championship team (Value = $1,500). Drivers finishing second through fifth will receive two (2) 2005 Season Pit Passes (Value = $1,000 per team). Drivers finishing sixth through tenth will receive one (1) 2005 Season Pit Pass (Value = $500 per team). The complimentary driver’s pit pass for all licensed members will also be in effect again for 2005.
- The post season awards for the 2004 SSP Xtreme Stock Car Points Championship will be two (2) 2005 Season Pit Passes for the championship team (Value = $1,000). Drivers finishing second through fifth will receive one (1) 2005 Season Pit Passes (Value = $500 per team). The complimentary driver’s pit pass for all licensed members will also be in effect again for 2005.
Susquehanna Speedway Park
www.sspracing.net or (717) 292-1696
August 22, 2004 - Sunday Night Thunder Time Schedule (Pepsi Hot August Nights)
(Subject to Change – More events may be added)
4:00 p.m. Pit Gates Open: Pit Passes: Members - $18.00; Non members - $20.00
5:00 p.m. Grandstands Open: General admission: Adults - $12.00; Teens (13-17) – $8.00;
Children (6-12) - $4.00; Children (5 & under) – Free
6:30 p.m. 410 Sprint Cars Driver’s Meeting (Mandatory) - A random role call may be
taken. Failure to report to the driver’s meeting may result in disqualification for that night.
410 Sprint Cars (Heat in Engines) - after the meeting.
6:40 p.m. Xtreme Enduro Stock Car, & Legends Cars Meeting—(Mandatory) - A
random role call may be taken. Failure to report to the driver’s meeting may result in
disqualification for night.
6:50 p.m. - 7:15 p.m. Practice Begins (all divisions in the following order) - THIS IS NOT A RACE!
Rotation: 410 Sprint Cars
Xtreme Enduro Stock Cars
7:20 p.m. Welcome, Invocation and National Anthem
7:30 p.m. Qualifying Events
Legends Cars Heats (5 laps)
410 Sprint Cars Heat Races (10 laps)
Legends Cars Consolation Race (5 laps) – if necessary.
410 Sprint Cars Consolation Race (10 laps) – if necessary.
Xtreme Stock Car Pepsi Challenge (4 laps) Top 5 from previous week feature.
Autograph and Camera Session – Frontstretch
All Cars & Drivers to report to the frontstretch (15 minutes)
8:45 p.m. Feature Events — Victory Lane @ Finish Line for Top 3 in each division.
410 Sprint Cars A-Main (25 laps)
Xtreme Enduro Stocks Cars A-Main (20 laps)
Legends Cars National Qualifier A-Main (15 laps)
Time is a factor! All cars must report to the grid area on time for their races. Late arrivals may not be permitted on the track. Please be early!
RAIN DATE FOR THIS EVENT – To Be Announced
Sprint Car Point Standings at
Rank Car # Driver Name Hometown, State Points
1 88h Fred Rahmer Salfordsville, PA 1329
2 77 Lance
3 59 Jim
4 12 Greg
4 Eric Stambaugh
6 69k Donnie Kreitz Jr. Sinking Springs, PA 979
7 71 Brian Leppo Spring Grove, PA 971
8 17t Jeff Taylor
9 29K Brent Kluge Fallston, MD 854
10 33 Scott Lutz
11 23 Todd Zinn Glenville, PA 772
12 6w Josh Wells York, PA 704
13 28H Bill Hetzel Jr.
14 7c Dave Cordier Jr. Shoemakersville, PA 566
15 97 Billy Dietrech Aspers, PA 547
16 51 Karl Baker York, PA 526
18 17H Peter Attard
19 39 T.J. Stutts
20 1z Mark Smith Newville, PA 423
Enduro Stock Cars Point Standings at
Rank Car # Driver Name Hometown, State Points
1 10 Charlie Pensinger Shippensburg, PA 1517
2 3G Mike Goodwin Wellsville, PA 1471
3 16 Karl
4 59 Samuel Rial Windsor, PA 1400
5 37 Tom
6 XR7 Jerry Blauch Grantville, PA 1351
7 25 Allan
8 4 Matt
9 91 Tom
10 07 Ricky Hippensteel Jr. Newville, PA 1283
12 54jr. Bobby Glass Jr.
13 21 Ronnie Thomas
14 33 Bryon Sipe
15 27 Matt Wampler
16 4a Shawn Arndt York, PA 853
17 35 Curtis Nichols
18 38 Brian Sanders Mechanicsburg, PA 843
19 57 Raymond Repp
20 1H Brian Lohman